outlook doesnt open, outlook stuck at splash screen. Outlook gets stuck while loading.
Every now and again someone comes into work with an outlook problem (personally not a big fan of outlook but hey, to each is own). Most of the time the problem is that outlook will not load correctly. It either gets stuck at the splash screen (the outlook loading screen) or is just closes itself out and never opens. Try these fixes before you go rouge and uninstall and reinstall the program.
1. The first thing you should try is the PST repair tool. It is typically located here.Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 for outlook 2007. For outlook 2010 its located at Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14. Http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497 . < here is the Microsoft page about it.
2. If this doesn’t work try this. Go to the startmenu and type CMD. Right click on cmd and run as administrator. Next type outlook.exe /resetnavpane . Hopefully this will help with the issue. (navigate to folder that has the outlook.exe, most likely on desktop or in the office folder. example: cd c:\users\owner\desktop then type outlook.exe /resetnavpane)
3. If outlook is still giving you problems you can try to create a new profile. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918 .
4. If the above fixes do not work check the size of the PST file. If it exceeds the allow 2048 MB, try this. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296088
5. You can also start outlook in “safe mode” by going to the start menu and then typing cmd (run as administrator). Type CD c:\program files\microsoft office\(office 14 for 2010, office 12 for 2007). Type Outlook.exe /safe
5.5 Instead of outlook.exe /safe, you can do outlook.exe /safe:4 as well
6. Last you can always try to reinstall the program or just repair the program in control panel under uninstall a program.
Good luck, outlook can be a huge pain in the ass. We had a PC in a few days ago that had a problem with the business contact manager. Feel free to post questions in the comment section. I typically respond pretty quick.