ie9 does not show up in installed updates, cant remove ie9, removing ie9 native
So if you got a computer recently, you have probably found out by now that IE9 is installed by default. People who upgraded to IE9 can go to the control panel and then select installed updates, and remove it from the list, putting you back at IE8…..well what if you didnt have to upgrade to IE9 and it was just installed by default. This can be a problem. Here is how to fix it.
1. Go to Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Windows Features On or Off.
2. Uncheck the box for Internet Explorer 9.
3. Go back to View Installed Updates on the left.
4. Remove Internet Explorer 9, and restart the pc when its done.
5. Go back to Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, and choose Turn Windows Features On and Off. It will show Internet Explorer 8. Check the box.
6. IE8 installs. Reboot, and then put the icons back on your desktop